This leading food service client based in North Wales with a turnover of approx. 26 mill supplying premium products into the food service and casual dining accounts across the length and breadth of the UK are now looking to appoint an experienced Technical Manager.
- Responsible for implementing, reviewing and updating the Food Safety and Quality Management system and HACCP system.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the food safety and quality manual and HACCP system.
- Manage the technical auditing function to ensure the company meet legislative, customer and company requirements.
- To oversee the reporting and actions of non-compliances, to ensure they are corrected and closed out in a timely manner.
- Overall responsibility in ensuring that all products supplied are fit for purpose, meet customer requirements and all relevant legislation.
- To drive forward the company’s commitment to continuous improvement, quality assurance culture and customer service throughout the factory.
- Work closely with customer representatives.
- Responsible for ensuring samples for the chemical microbiological testing are taken and sent.
- Liaising with auditing bodies and customer representatives.
- Overall responsibility for the monitoring of food safety and food hygiene throughout the factory.
- To attend management review meetings.
- To search for ways to continuously improve the food safety and quality management and HACCP systems.
- Responsible for planning relevant training of staff.
- Responsible for management and implementation of health and safety within the company.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a food related subject
- Previous experience within the Food Manufacturing industry – vital for this role.
- Influencing skills – must be able to challenge existing systems (and people) to bring about improvement.
- Strong communicator when dealing with Customer’s Technical manager of technical issues.
- Sound technical and food safety knowledge
- Experience of Quality Management Systems including BRC
- Advanced HACCP and Food Hygiene certificate
- Report writing, clear and concise presentation of information
- Lead Auditor
- Self-motivated, focused and able to work on own initiative
- Nebosh / IOSH Qualification