This role is responsible for leading and managing operational aspects of the service centre depot whilst ensuring achievement of budgeted and/or targeted service, cost and quality performance measures.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of all employed colleagues, third party subcontractors and owner drivers. They will manage the premises, equipment and consumables, ensuring the most cost effective and high-quality performance is delivered. The role will drive and lead the change process to deliver a fully integrated service centre operation in conjunction with the General Manager therefore you WILL NEED to be a good Operator!
- Evident line management experience in production/logistics/mail/ parcels services environment to at least the same level of responsibility.
- Experience of running a multi shift logistics operation
- Proven record of delivering great service to Customers and managing on-going Customer relationships.
- Experience of managing a diverse workforce including sub- contractors, self- employed drivers and PAYE drivers.
- Experience of managing direct cost budget.
- Ability to use Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, PowerPoint) or similar data base.
Previous experience in the logistics or distribution industry
Lean, 5s, Six Sigma, Operations, Just in Time and Microsoft Office