As the Warehouse Operations Manager, you will be accountable for the receiving, storage and distribution of products, for building and maintaining key relationships with both internal customers and external suppliers; for delivering excellence in terms of pick, palletise and ship performance; for supporting the continuing development of the new WMS system Order wise and for ensuring a safe working environment both within the operations and in delivering to customers on the in-house fleet.
- To manage and co-ordinate both inbound and outbound operations to meet the demands of customers across wholesale, restaurant and retail sectors.
- To work closely with the Supply chain team to ensure the inbound flow of containers is maximised to maintain the best possible service levels.
- To provide the focal point for all operational issues and provide direction and leadership to a small management team.
- To direct the transport function in its delivery of the daily delivery plans and the management of an in-house fleet of vehicles.
- To manage the day-to-day relationship and contact with the suppliers and to provide a point of escalation for operational issues.
- Work closely with Sales to identify areas to improve customer service and be part of a team delivering the solution.
- Review regularly the performance of the team and encourage new ways of working in adapting to our new WMS/ERP system – Order wise
- Management of stock is critical to the success of the outbound operations, so working closely with the stock controller to maintain accurate stock levels and location accuracy. Deliver, in conjunction with the Operations Director, projects to improve the performance of the operation and to develop its robustness against the economic and environmental challenges that are present today.
- A demonstrable track record of hands-on management of warehousing operations, ideally in the food sector, and in medium size operations.
- Ideally 5yrs+ in a Warehouse management role, managing small teams and teams up to 50 staff and some experience of managing own fleet operations.
- Experience of managing FLT equipment a pre-requisite.
- Experience of running operations through WMS systems.
- Exposure to Health & Safety requirements in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Experienced in BRC Audit requirements.
- Experience of working in a family run business.
- Hands-on with a common-sense approach. Not afraid of pitching in to get results. Commercial acumen, with a strong grasp of how warehouse operations can be used to improve the experience for the customer.
- Able to balance both the tactical needs to of the business with the strategic direction set by the Operations Director and Business Owners.
- Able to communicate effectively across the business, and be a good team player.
- Able to influence others effectively to achieve common goals.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a real ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Self-sufficiency in Microsoft office packages.