My client is a long standing and widely respected UK Road Freight business with two depots in the Midlands. Due a period of sustained and sizeable growth they are looking for a designated Warehouse Manager to oversea their two sites that are ripe for expansion.
This is a newly created position that offers real career advancement opportunities with the company having the potential to grow exponentially.
They are looking for an experienced warehouse manager that has managed in a road transport/cargo operation.
Although the hours worked will be Mon to Fri on days, there will be a necessity to occasionally work at night to ensure best practice is being followed.
- Manage and grow the team of Warehouse Operatives on a day-to-day basis
- Develop and maintain plans and reports, forecasting storage capacity, controlling headcount and managing performance
- Get involved in query investigation and resolve any operational issues, escalating them when appropriate
- Drive health and safety
- Ensuring full utilisation of warehouse space
- Quoting/pricing up new business
- Mid to Long term – develop business and expand/develop/on-board further warehouse space
What you will need have:
- A proven track record in managing a team in a logistics warehouse environment
- The ability to act as a leader, driving best practice at all times
- A focused and flexible approach to work
- Confidence in the use of IT – WMS is bespoke and the successful candidate will be able to develop/change that system as the business grows
- The ability to communicate effectively in both a written and verbal capacity with customer base and various internal departments
- A full driving licence with access to own vehicle