Full Time: 4 on 4 off 12 hours shifts (0600-1800)
What will you do?
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will provide compliant, efficient, and profitable transport
operations for my client’s sites. Provide a key point of contact for customers and colleagues.
Objectives of the role as Transport Supervisor, include, but not limited to:
▪ Ensure all customer requirements (both internal and external) are satisfied daily.
▪ Act as company’s interface with customers.
▪ Co-ordinate own fleet and sub-contract to ensure cost effective solutions for customer
▪ Day to day driver and warehouse staff management.
▪ Develop team, providing skills and training to meet operational requirements and efficiency
▪ To maintain a well-motivated and enthusiastic team.
▪ Management of all suppliers to include: Subcontractors, agencies, R&M service agents etc,
ensuring all operational costs are controlled.
▪ Ensure the transport office is manned to meet the needs of the operation.
▪ Conduct regular driver/vehicle checks.
▪ Ensure full compliance with all company internal processes and procedures.
▪ To supervise transport teams and ensure that customers collections and deliveries exceed KPI
▪ Responsible for highlighting any potential issues and escalating where relevant.
▪ Compliance and Legislative responsibilities linked to ‘O’Licence.
▪ Absence cover for other Supervisors.
▪ Weekly management information and reporting.
Your CV and experience should show:
▪ O-Licence experience.
▪ Experience with excel spreadsheets, KPI and trend analysis.
▪ Excellent self-motivation and self-discipline.
▪ Strong analytical skills.
▪ Team player with the ability to instil confidence and drive in others.
▪ The ability to co-ordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously.
▪ Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
▪ The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management, drivers and
▪ Flexibility – the ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected.
▪ Presentational skills with self-confidence to deliver internally and externally.
▪ Experience in managing teams as part of a fast moving transport operation.
▪ Good PC literacy and the ability to use the systems applicable to the transport operation or the
capability to use them after suitable training.
▪ Knowledge of the safe systems of work specified for the transport and of the H&S
policies/procedures that apply to the company premises and its operations