Weekend Transport Supervisor
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading companies in the consumable sector.
We are looking for a Transport Supervisor, working weekends, the candiate will be responsible for co-ordinating a fleet of 35+ HGV/LGV vehicles and drivers, ensuring and maintaining compliance in all aspects of UK law.
* Keeping in communication with the customer and drivers with delays, breakdowns, tacho hours and any issues.
* Updating spreadsheets and databases.
* Informing drivers of vehicle allocations and any changes in their job allocation or route.
* Ensure customer commitments are met, working with internal teams, and executing operational tasks as needed.
* Manage customer expectations and provide an excellent customer service experience.
* Ensuring that all aspects of work and process are carried out in-line with Health and Safety guidelines.
* Ensure Fleet & Compliance administration is up to date.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
* Duty phone Friday night – emergencies only.
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
* Ideally 2-3 years’ experience of transport industry (previous office experience not essential)
* Excellent communication skills
* You must also have good customer services skills to deal day-to-day with all enquiries and cultivate relationships with customer and drivers align with operations team.
* You must be able to work under pressure and efficiently within time constraints
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook) as well as experience using routing software.
* A positive “can do” attitude & attention to detail is a must!
* 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays & pension