Quality Controller – Paddock Wood
My client is a leading provider of cold storage and distribution within high value fresh produce
throughout the UK and as a result of continuous development they are now looking to appoint a
Quality Controller role. Own transport is essential.
Will be required to respond to both external and internal customer queries, maintain a clean and
safe working environment, be comfortable with computer systems, taking photographs of stock,
together with generating and maintaining appropriate quality documentation.
* Reporting to the Quality Supervisor
* Work will involve assessing and testing of incoming fresh produce.
* Taking photographs of stock, together with generating and maintaining appropriate quality documentation
* To ensure that the Fresh Service procedures are followed by all personnel and visitors to the site.
* To ensure equipment is operational and relevant checks are made and maintained. When problems arise, contacting the relevant contractors to resolve the issue.
* You will be required to respond to both external and internal customer queries.
* To ensure company policies are adhered to and administration functions completed within deadlines and maintain accurate records in line with customer/company requirements.
* To promote harmonious and effective working relationships both internally and externally, ensuring excellent customer service through a combination of communication and team work.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experience in fresh produce industry. (Packing lines/Warehouse)
* Experience in Quality Control position on in-loading will be beneficial.
* Technically capable, the chosen candidates will need to be IT literate and demonstrate competencies of operating/understanding spreadsheets.
* Great communication skills and be able to easily build rapport with other colleagues and liaise confidently at all levels.
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task and prioritise.
* React positively and flexibly to the changing needs in the overall working environment and individual role.
* Flexible approach to duties and hours of work to meet the needs of the business on a day-by-day basis
* Able to work sole and as part of a team
* Customer focused
* Ability to work, but more importantly prioritise and make decisions, under pressure.
* Education to a minimum GCSE (C+ grade) in both English and Maths.
* This position would suit to someone who would like to take a new opportunity or is looking to develop a career in the fresh produce industry.