My client is the UK’s leading manufacturer for their sector and has a reputation second to none. Due to continued and prolonged growth as well as an internal promotion, they are now looking for a new, permanent QA Manager for their site in the West Midlands.
As an experienced, hands-on QA Manager you will have overall responsibility of the Quality function within the business including the defining, maturing and executing of standards, specifications and test processes that fit within the operational model.
Managing a small QA team you will lead the business QA activities to ensure our products meet strict internal and external business requirements. You will also liaise with key business stakeholders to identify trends and lead customer centric and process improvement projects thought-out QA and the business.
- Continually develop your QA Team to build and maintain a positive, effective and efficient team, this includes objective setting, coaching and training.
- Use your expertise to define, review and enhance process standards and specifications, and ensure best practice is maintained and continually improved upon. This includes evaluating and performing proof of concepts for new products and processes.
- Implement and maintain a well-structured approach to test defect management and incident reporting
- Be responsible for ensuring all projects are effectively tested against agreed functional and non-functional requirements
- Monitor, measure, control and report on team progress, supporting your team to ensure their ability to deliver on their commitments. Assess pipeline of activities and escalate any capacity/capability threats to deliver
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders and represent your QA Team in stakeholder meetings.
- Proven experience in the steel or automotive industry, delivering effective compliance to legislation and standards by developing appropriate processes, techniques and tools.
- Strong knowledge of steel or automotive QA requirements, best practices, principles, techniques and experience of their application.
- Good knowledge relevant analytical and compliance software and proven experience of using these tools.
- Experience defining strategy to comply with compliance regulations.
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing QA plans.
- Strong communication, relationship building and influencing skills and proven ability to simplify complex technical issues for non-technical stakeholders.
- Considerable experience managing small teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Strong technical understanding of ISO, BS, EN specifications in the steel or similar industry.
- Creative, pro-active and detail oriented.
- Strong presentation, inter-personal, written and communication skills.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- A passion for continuous improvement.
Job Type: Permanent