A professional organisation on the outskirts of Quinton are recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant, to work with the Supply Manager, to order and maintain the supply of stock from our UK and European suppliers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Calculating stock requirements in order to maintain continuous supply of all items sourced in the UK & Europe, in line with current requirements and trends
- Raising purchase orders via our computer system, processing with the suppliers and progressing through to receipt of goods
- Checking order acknowledgements; notifying and resolving queries with suppliers
- Maintaining arrival dates on the computer system for all products, to ensure accuracy of information on stock arrivals and budgeted spend
- Monitoring and co-ordinating all UK & European supplier deliveries and collections, to ensure timely arrival
- Liaising closely with other departments to ensure customer requirements are met
- Resolving delivery and quality issues with UK & European suppliers
- Working with the Goods In department to ensure all deliveries are received and processed accurately
- Producing weekly stock reports for circulation to the management and sales teams
- Maintaining information on various Purchasing spread sheets as necessary
- Providing assistance to the Supply Manager for all Far East imports
The ideal candidate will be a strong administrator, organised, self-motivated and have an analytical
approach to their work. The candidate will also need to have a keen eye for detail and be highly
numerate. Experience of working in a Purchasing environment or supply chain role would be advantageous.
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full time permanent contract
Hours of work: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.