- Leading a small team, driving motivation, including delegation of work and monitoring both individual and team performance.
- Deploy and manage labour and resources to achieve planned production in a cost-effective manner.
- Driving assembly team members to maintain business objectives and targets which include health, safety and environment, personnel performance and people management.
- Ensure Shop-floor stock control is managed.
- Work with the assembly team, learning all aspects of the build.
- Be proactive in continuous improvement on both production and Health, Safety & Environmental issues, highlighting new ideas, embracing and leading change, enthusiastically wanting to challenge and change processes for the better, whilst ensuring all local and site objectives are met.
- Have previous experience of managing a team of 10+ staff within a mechanical or electrical assembly production environment, leading from the front and setting the standard.
- Have a good working knowledge of MRP type systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of Environmental and Health and Safety policies and Procedures
- Have effective organisational skills and the ability to problem solve
- Possess excellent time management skills with the added need for flexibility as and when required.
- Have good PC skills – experienced in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Great attention to detail
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
Career development for those that have the ambition to progress within the business.
Monday-Friday 10-6 (though flexibility is required to help with business needs on occasion)