My client is an international metals business and due to continued growth, they are looking to recruit a Production Planner for their Sutton Coldfield site on a full-time/permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing production schedules to meet customer demand and optimize resources. Key Performance Indicators
* Planning and organizing production schedules
* Collaborate with sales, operations, and procurement teams to gather relevant data for effective production planning.
* Highlight any capacity constraints or Bottlenecks throughout the business.
* Monitor inventory, to ensure stock usage is being optimized.
* Utilize the company ERP system to maintain accurate production planning.
* Communicate Production schedules to relevant departments and adjust plans as needed.
* Evaluate and implement continuous improvement initiative to enhance production processes.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address and resolve production related issues.
* Review and develop production KPIs.
* Reviewing monthly production outputs.
* Control and monitor production related costs to maximize profits
* Travel may be required to other company sites occasionally
- Strong academic qualifications – A-Level or equivalent
- Proven experience as a production planner or in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
- Good understanding of Lean methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of business
- Good team working skills