My client is a leading provider of cold storage and distribution within high value fresh produce throughout the UK and as a result of continuous development they are now looking to appoint a Night Pack-house Manager.
As the Night Pack-house Manager, ideally with experience in the Fresh Produce sector who has an appreciation for the production standards and requirements within this product sector.
- Ensure optimum recovery of fruit by monitoring grade outs and instructing Line Leaders.
- Liaison with planning about size allocation.
- Ensure grading achieves best financial results by optimising sizes for market and achieving set targets i.e. bins per hour, cost per kilo etc.
- Daily confirmation with planning about production plans for next day.
- Minimise overtime.
- Minimise box price by utilising excess staff or arrange hours to suit business needs.
- Engage direct reports regularly for department debriefings and to give instructions.
- Authorise hours for agency staff.
- Ensure holidays are planned in advance.
- Engage team on performance and ensure all staff issues are raised in a timely manner. Ensure teams are productive & organised.
- Ensure production plans and stock sheets are followed, monitoring stock rotation, daily liaison/co-operation with planning.
- Maintain a healthy business relationship across its customers, growers and suppliers.
- Notify management team of potential order shortages or issues.
- Act as a point of contact for growers & visitors.
- Ensure Pack house is maintained to BRC/Customer standards.