Pure Staff are working in partnership with a multi-national Precision Engineering business. They are recruiting to be based in one of their sites based in the South East Birmingham area.
Responsible for the manufacture of fully conforming components and assemblies to a prescribed, efficient and timely manufacturing method.
Optimise detailed production methods, tooling, fixtures and programmes in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineer.
Proactively pursue continuous improvement opportunities.
Support the Team Leader in achieving all departmental and individual objectives and KPI’s.
Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures (safety, quality, employment, expenses, training, PPE etc.)
- Manufacture and inspect components to defined specification.
- Maintain a clean, organised, methodical and efficient work area in line with lean manufacturing methodologies
- To project a flexible, proactive approach, coupled with willingness to work overtime and shifts as required, to ensure the output objectives are achieved.
- To support the Team Leader in meeting team objectives.
- To programme, set and operate equipment used in the manufacture of the Company’s defined products
- To control, update, back up and maintain CNC programmes
- To complete and maintain documentation and records in accordance with the Company’s defined products.
- Assist in the development and operation of manufacture to cost.
- To maintain safe working practices, within the department and also in support of the wider safety agenda.
- Support 5s, business control and audit requirements.
- Support in defining initial tool selection
- Support new part introduction development
- Programming, setting and operating a variety of CNC machine tools
- Apprentice trained or equivalent experience
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to Engineering drawings
- Highly numerate
- Experienced in programming CNC machines essential (5 axis etc)
- Experience in operating appropriate CNC machines with the ability to finesse the cutting process as required.
- Capable of multi-tasking and with high level of attention to detail for both manufacture and documentation.
- Competent in the use of hand gauges, inspection equipment and computerised measurement equipment.
- Team player with the ability to work to high standards and exacting targets.
- HND/Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline or proven work experience in a similar type machining environment.
- Experience of working in a lean manufacturing, production facility.
- Positive can do attitude and collaborative team ethic
- Manufacturing Technician level 2 starting salary between £20,322 to £22,580
- Manufacturing Technician level 3 starting salary between £22,374 to £24,860
- Manufacturing Technician level 4 starting salary between £25,938 to £28,820
You must be flexible as this position is a rotating shift pattern:
Hours of work 06:00 to 14:00 Monday to Thursday
Hours of work 06:00 to 13:00 Friday
Hours of work 13:00 to 21:00 Monday to Thursday
Hours of work 12:00 to 19:00 Friday
A shift premium of 20% of weekly pay will be paid when the late shift is worked.
If you are an experienced Manufacturing Technician (Programmer/Setter/Operator) then please send your up to date CV to Guy Hancox at Pure Staff today via this job advert link.