Day-based with Reactive & Preventative Maintenance duties and development project tasks of a mechanical nature, to maintain effective & efficient continuity of product supply.
- Perform all duties in accordance with site safety requirements and be continuously attentive to the safety of others
- Respond individually and with the shift-based response team to planned and unplanned equipment breakdowns and change-overs
- Timely and effective response to project tasks set by the Engineering Manager and the Operations Project Development Manager
- Maintain and promote GMP requirements during all activities
- Data entry maintenance of SHIRE (Computerised Maintenance Management System), enabling daily update of system
- With colleagues of the maintenance team, responsible for identifying risks to site mechanical safety.
- Share best practice maintenance methods amongst the engineering and operations team which consider safety, quality and performance.
- Where possible, identify and promote opportunities for continuous improvement within maintenance activities
- Communication outwards of progress on time-dependant projects
- Participation in weekly engineering update meetings, reviewing project status, equipment failure trends and preventative maintenance development
- Apprentice trained mechanical engineer
- Experienced shift engineer (+5yrs) in a FMCG manufacturing environment
- High competence in workshop skills, including relevant welding capability
- Promotes safe working, ability to risk assess activities to consider the safety of themselves and those around them (H&S qualification beneficial)
- Comfortable working on own initiative, tenacious with strong ability to prioritise multiple tasks, competing deadlines and demands for work
- Extremely organised and logical with an open and analytical approach to problem solving and the ability to challenge the status-quo
- Strong communication skills, including an appetite and ability to train others
- Team player, with the capability to create, maintain and enhance positive and open working relationships
- Exemplary personal principles around honesty, time-keeping, and finished work standards
- High level of attention to detail and ability to communicate with data and facts