Working as part of our Logistics hub, you will be responsible for the logistical administration, importing, clearance and arrivals of produce from suppliers to our businesses in the UK.
Preferably from the Fresh Produce, Packaging, FMCG or Distribution sector you will have an appreciation for the production standards and requirements within this product sector.
- Liaise with company procurement teams, suppliers, and administrate all produce purchases onto company systems.
- Liaising with our clearing agent, port agents to clear goods through HMRC customs and communicate issues with our seasonal supply base to resolve any clearance issues.
- Monitor vessel departures and arrivals to maximise free port time and reduce stock holding at port and at depots.
- Monitoring, and management of daily inbound transport, yard management, warehousing booking in systems. Communicating directly with hauliers, clearing agents, suppliers, ports.
- Reduce freight costs by maximising load fills.
- Organise all transport, freight from port to Packhouse/Direct Supply as required against current supply base requirements.
- Invoice checking / general administration.
- Administrate Market sales, RTS, Stock movements from company sites.
- Claims and re-charges process management.
- Communication of any stock delays through delayed shipments, supplier load delays, delayed clearance, clearance issues that could impact on stock management, supply to customer base.
- Management of Direct delivery bookings via customer systems.
Please note that this is a night shift role Sunday – Thursday from 2pm to 11pm