Junior Calibration / Service Technician (Progression to Field Service)
Up to £25,000 + Full Training + Progression + Pension + Company Benefits
The company is a well-established global market-leader, offering technical development and career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
This specialist company work with a number of blue chip clients, supplying state of the art test equipment across the UK and Ireland. Their clients cover a wide variety of sectors from Automotive to Medical and everything in-between. They are a key player within their industry and are known for taking care of their staff.
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior technician who will undergo manufacturing training and become an industry expert. You will also have the opportunity to progress into a Field Service position as their career develops.
The ideal candidate should have technical training in mechanical / electrical engineering and ideally have previous work experience within an industrial manufacturing / service environment, although candidates without may also be considered.
Most importantly you should be enthusiastic, present a professional appearance, have strong organisational skills and have the ability to work unsupervised to tight deadlines.
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on company products
- Calibrate equipment to the relevant standards
- Diagnose faults and communicate with the customer
- Keep accurate records on the company CRM and databases
- Write detailed reports and submit all other appropriate paperwork in a timely manner following all company procedures (Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of work carried out to ensure traceability)
- Maintain correct stock levels and carry out monthly stock take
- Previous experience in servicing / maintaining / calibrating machinery (preferred)
- Logical and methodical approach to tasks with good problem solving skills
- Have a pro-active approach with the ability to prioritise and work unsupervised.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbally
- Ability to follow documents and procedures.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Confident talking to customers at all levels
- Full UK Driving license
- Ability to travel internationally (as required for training)
- Looking to progress into a Field Service role