I am currently working with one of the UK’s largest food importer and distributors and as a result of continuous growth they are now looking to appoint a Junior Buyer and Stock Controller.
- Responsible for maintaining and nurturing relationships with existing suppliers while seeking opportunities with new suppliers to enhance the business position across multiple buying categories.
- Analyse data and spot trends
- Following up new item leads for Buyers
- Raising Purchase orders and inputting goods received on the ERP system
- Working closely with the warehouse team on stock control across all categories
- Carry out various daily administrative tasks as requested and deal with various forms of communication, including letters, emails, faxes, filing
- Participate in and sometimes lead ad hoc projects as requested by the senior buying team
- A proven track record as a Junior Buyer or established Assistant Buyer within food ideally, although some FMCG categories will be considered
- Previous experience within a similar position would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and numerical skills
- Enthusiastic, positive and ambitious
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other MS applications
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment