IT Support – Herefordshire
To provide effective level 1 end-user support and functional administration for the company
IT department. The role is roughly split 70% support, 30% administration tasks.
1. Assist directly with end-user support providing Level 1 end-user support; triaging helpdesk tickets where necessary to other members of the IT team.
2. Setup of end-user equipment and software in line with company standards
3. Administration of end-user email, application, and security accounts in line with company policies
4. Administer 3rd party contracts, liaising with suppliers for day-to-day procurement.
5. Reporting of support metrics, on a monthly basis, through administration of the company helpdesk system.
6. Management of the IT assets database and process.
7. Provision of IT induction meetings for new starters, running through relevant company policies and procedures.
8. Support the IT Project Manager and Infrastructure Engineer as needed
* Good written and verbal English
* Great people skills / telephone manner
* An enjoyment of and aptitude for problem-solving
* Highly organised in approach to administration
* A keen interest in IT/Technology, and a willingness to learn, with a desire to build a career within IT
* Good computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Windows operating system
* Experience working in an IT environment would be desirable