Our client is recognised as leading supplier of fresh produce priding themselves on direct relationships with some of the most reliable and reputable growers across the globe establishing long standing integration and supply chain partnerships. At an exciting time of growth our client is now looking to appoints an Import Planner to:
- To control all logistics and document control into the UK and EU
- UK logistics planning
- To control all UK logistics and planning to include arrangements of transport from UK ports and onward journeys to final destination.
- To control, plan and communicate 5-week supply chain forecast.
- Update clients with arrivals / delays
- Create and distribute purchase orders to suppliers.
- Load plans
- Document control from source to include farms right through to customs agent in the UK, this will also include document controls with shipping lines.
- Logistics cost control and analysis
- Experience – Fresh Produce or FMCG (but not essential)
- Possibly home based or office
- Additional language such like Spanish but NOT essential
- of 2 years experience in a similar supply chain, international transportation or import setting