You will ensure the efficient and effective functioning of all imports, and continuously improve the overall performance of the import department ensuring that international customs laws and regulations are adhered to.
Procure best rates/tariffs for Air/Rail and Sea Freights
Liaise with Accounts upon arrival of goods and present docs and check accuracy Ensure docs presented by factories are accurate and manage accordingly when handing over the shipments
Liaising with production team / sales team to judge mode of shipping transports
Standard Packing Lists template to be implemented and other processes with the factories
Plan intake with Warehouse
How do we manage FOB shipments i.e., Bookings etc.
Checking invoices from supplies against POs prior to shipment General Admin process for dealing with customers
- Following through on any local or import issues
- Insurance claims
- Customer shortages
- Knowledge of either road/sea or air freight
- Customs knowledge
- FCL / LCL would be advantageous
- Excel proficiency – Intermediate level
- Sage 200 – Retail Module experience might be an added advantage