My client is going through seismic changes across all aspects of their business and are now looking to strengthen their management team.
Responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that
Safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to, to ensure that there is no risk to health.
Ensure that environmental waste is dealt with in line with legislative requirements and best practice.
Ensure that there is a culture of good practice with regards to health, safety and environmental practices
The Role and Tasks:
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated. Reporting to the Directors and to the group the key HSE KPI’s.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations, ensuring that managers are coached through the process.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures, into a HSE manual, that is up to date and accessible to all employees.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the company, such as inductions and regular training programmes, to embed a good HSE culture.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Ensure that health surveillance of employees is audited, employees are screened as appropriate and records are kept for insurance purposes.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- All employees are expected to live our company values and operate within our policies and procedures.
- All employees have a responsibility to maintain health & safety of self and others within the performance of their duties in accordance with the company health & safety policies.