Based on the outskirts of Hereford and since the start of the 1990’s our client has gone through some seismic changes across all aspects of their business and as a result of continued growth they are now looking to appoint a Junior Grower / Growing Assistant to support their harvesting team.
- Irrigation of crops.
- Monitoring crops for growth, health, insects, and diseases.
- Fertiliser and nutrient management and application.
- Crop record keeping and reporting crop development and any issues.
- Organise, direct, control, and/or coordinate activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, and harvesting soft fruit.
- Ensure all safety policies (worker safety, food safety, etc) are followed Ensure strict crop hygiene practices are followed.
- Hold a horticultural degree.
- Have a passion for growing products at a commercial level.
- Accurately follow instructions and effectively communicate.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Have functional experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.