Estimating and Technical Support Coordinator
Due to a period of growth, my client, a specialist supplier of electrical solutions within the construction industry is looking to appoint an efficient and organised individual to a newly created position.
My client are proud to be supplying products to the Crossrail Project and are involved in a number of other high profile UK construction projects.
Working in a small but extremely fast paced sales office, you will be responsible for creating quotations, administering the sales process and providing technical support & information to customers. You will support the sales process from start to finish, demonstrating strong problem solving and technical ability.
This is an exciting role for a technically minded individual that has scope to develop massively over time. It would suit someone with excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills, coupled with the ability to form relationships with people at all levels in a deadline driven environment. It may suit someone with engineering related qualifications who is looking to advance their career.
Key duties will include:
– Acting as the first point of contact within the office, providing excellent levels of customer care
– Generating quotations by estimating quantities from customer drawings and information packs
– Responsible for taking “smaller” sales orders and processing them through to delivery.
– Dealing with technical queries and providing product information and support
– Facilitating the logistics process of getting materials to sites; liaising with the warehouse, coordinating deliveries etc all in strict time frames.
– Providing support to the external sales team with quotations, technical advice and support.
– The opportunity to assist the project managers on specialist projects which may also include site visits
– Both formal & on the job training will be provided
Key Skills/Experience required:
– A strong work ethic and the ability to work on your own initiative in a small busy office
– Excellent administration, IT and organisation skills gained in a busy technical or project environment
– Strong attention to detail and the patience to work through relatively complex problems at times
– An aptitude for technical knowledge and the desire to continually develop that specialist knowledge
– Good communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships with customers & third parties.
– An understanding of the electrical or construction industry would be ideal, as would the ability to read technical drawings (although this is not essential)
– Ability to use drawing packages such as AutoCAD is desirable but not essential
– This role could equally appeal to a technical minded graduate or an experienced internal technical sales person.
If you are interested please call Jon on 0121 237 4840 or apply directly with your CV now