The aim of the role is to manage and motivate the operational team and effectively control
and deliver against set KPI’s. The operational role spans all departments encompassing
stock management, replenishment, picking, loading and distribution.
- Day to day management and planning of all warehouse and distribution functions.
- Meeting targets and KPI’s for productivity, accuracy and inventory control.
- Develop and manage training and development plans.
- Staff recruitment and retention – recruit, train and develop direct reports.
- Management of staffing rota in line with company budgets.
- Collaborative working with colleagues across all divisions of the business
- Ensuring stock integrity from receipt of goods until completion of delivery.
- Manage and utilise company systems covering route planning, fleet and driver management and inventory control
- Adherence to, and supervision of, all Health & Safety policies, legal obligations and due diligence
- Fleet management – maintenance, service and vehicle forecasting
- You’ll know the logistics or distribution industry and have experience of running, fast paced, 24/7 operations with responsibility for managing staff
- You will be a confident communicator with a motivational leadership style and a passion for building and motivating high-performing teams
- Ability to find solutions and suggest new ways of working to improve performance as well as influence strategy
- A person capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
- Able to demonstrates high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Computer literate – ability to use Microsoft Office and industry standard applications (route management, sales analysis etc.)
- Transport fleet management experience would be an advantage