- To take ownership of QC resource by ensuring the right people are in the right place at the right time.
- Responsible for QC resource planning, advising, educating and upskilling colleagues and developing ways to work collaboratively with other departments.
- To help the Technical Managers to design QC processes and procedures and to be the lead in communicating and implementing them into the business.
- Liaise with Technical Managers to ensure quality standards are being adhered to.
- Monitor QC function to ensure that QC processes are followed correctly, that training gaps are identified and closed off.
- To take ownership of site compliance by ensuring all aspects of food safety , Quality Management Systems (Including HACCP) operate as required and the company remains fully compliant with customer COP, HACCP, TACCP, VACCP and current legislation.
- Lead BRC and other third party audits that relate to food safety and compliance. Assist Technical Managers with customer visits or audits on site.
- Ensure the site is “audit ready” at all times.
- Experience of managing QMS and document control essential
- QC experience essential (Ideally with berries)
- Experience of internal auditing.
- Managing people and liaising with different levels within a company
- HACCP Level 3 minimum.
- Food Safety level 3 minimum.
- A working knowledge of BRC
- Understanding of Red Tractor beneficial.