I am currently looking to appoint a Beers Wines & Spirits (BWS) Buyer to join my client’s team where this challenging role offers a real opportunity to make your mark within our growing company. Products will be sourced for sale through the retail wholesale and grocery channels.
The role will rely heavily on developing effective relationships with suppliers to negotiate best price and maintain a broad and relevant range. Category management experience is essential. You will be required to conduct range reviews, promotional plans and set JBPs applicable to all three channels to market. The role also includes responsibility for ordering, availability and stockholding.
- Experience: 3 Years or more in BWS categories
- Retail or Wholesale experience
- Ability to control and deliver KPI’s ; Sales, Profit, Availability
- Data literate. Market analysis and presentation of performance against strategy.
- Category management experience – range reviews, promotional planning, strategy creation
- Supply Chain understanding including demand planning and forecasting
- First class organisational and time management skills
- Confident negotiator and networker
- Be able to work on their own initiative and be adaptable
- Confidence working as part of a team and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Be numerical and proficient in all Microsoft packages
- Educated to Degree Level in Business/Buying/Finance advantageous