7.5 Tonne Driver’s required
About the Job
We are currently recruiting for a very well established company based in Coleshill. We are currently looking for a 7.5T driver’s who are experienced in multi-drop (Category C1) to support their large fleet of vehicles. It is a very good opportunity for a company that are looking to expand and offer permanent work for hard working individuals.
The company will place you on a temp to perm position with their selves if the candidates create a great impression with the company, offering job security. You would eventually become a permanent member of staff with the client after a certain amount of time and have a salary which is very competitive across the industry in Birmingham.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an expanding company who want to progress their drivers while they work for them
- Become an established driver for the company while growing your experience
- Benefits that include free car parking, uniform and potential overtime available
Duties of the 7.5t driver will include:
- 20-30 drops a day depending on the route mainly around the west midlands
- Working in a busy, fast paced environment to meet pressurised deadlines
- Vehicles will already be loaded and numbered for the routes you are on
- Ensure paperwork is filled out correctly and no damage of goods is caused
- Communicating with the transport office whenever you have a problem or a question is essential
- Training will be provided for the routes before going out on your own
- Knowledge of using a tail-lift is needed
- Confidence to work individually and also contact office whenever needed
- Holding a UK Licence for over 1 year is essential
- 6 months commercial driving experience is also essential
The drivers working hours will be consistent throughout the week with a 05.30am start each day. The shifts will be Monday to Friday every week along with the odd Saturday if you would like overtime!
Each shift will be guaranteed 8 hours paid unless stated otherwise before the shift.
The right candidate would be:
- Hard working, driven individual
- 6 months experience in the commercial driving sector
- Able to use initiative and function independently when required
- Reliable and punctual
If you think you’re suitable for this role please submit an up to date CV online. Alternatively, you can contact the Driving Team at Pure Staff on 0121 237 4840.
At Pure Staff we think loyalty is important and deserves to be rewarded, a driver who stays with us for 12 months can earn up to £500 spending money for the holidays every single year. If this sounds like the type of company you would like to work for, why not bring a friend? We pay £100 per referal for any category C or C+E drivers!!!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.00 to £9.00 /hour